April 29, 2009

A truly, bizarre dream last night.

Bizarre.

I dreamed that my entire family from years past, were all assembled in some worship service.
But we were all widely spaced out in that great hall.
I was sitting next to my beloved grandfather. My parents were two or three pews in front of us.
My cousins and uncles and aunts were on the front pew of that gathering.
My cousin Phillip was both the speaker and seated in that front row.

While my grandfather and I spoke privately between ourselves,
a nurse burst into that room, carrying a pair of human lungs.
While I understood they were lungs, they looked like a big piece of pork. Meat.

Then suddenly, I knew that those lungs were meant for my grandfather, for a transplant to save his life.
Then suddenly, she dropped those lungs onto the floor.
I leapt up and grabbed up those lungs, and began running to a nearby hospital,
two blocks away,
where I knew that my grandfather was waiting for his transplant. And save his life.

I ran, carrying these organs along a long, grey, treeless street,
past a huge hotel, to the intended building.
Carrying those lungs, I got lost in the hotel instead.

My grandfather 'Frosty' died of emphysema, in 1985. But
It was sure comforting to see, to sit and to talk with him again,
there in that church.

No comments: