September 9, 2007

Has anybody else ever noticed this besides me?

The same characteristics that every good person loves in a dog or a cat, (probably any pet) we hate to see in an insect?

I have a dog named Amos. Love Amos with all my heart, too. He sleeps with me, or at my bedside every night, he manages to push his way in and smell everything that I cook for meals; he rests his head in my lap when I sit here and type these very words!, and I love his curiosity. Amos will smell around my house, the truck, the chicken house, whatever- and I don't mind it one bit.

But just let a fly-- a house fly get into my kitchen and sniff around food, or buzz my ears while I try to sleep, or hang around me as I do this or that, and I am angered.

Hold on, for just a minute, while I try again to kill the fly who is walking around on my computer screen-- Rats, missed the little monster again!


But if my pet, my Amos were to get between me and this screen, this monitor, it would be a different story altogether, huh?

Posted by Wendell L. Scotchpoodle, NOT by the LOCALMALCONTENT

1 comment:

One Southern Belle said...

Not sure if I like anything about you more than I like Amos! I also like the way you describe Amos. I need a dog. And not one of those crappy little dogs that might as well be an insect--I mean a big-ish dog--like a lab, a setter, or a German shepard--the kind of dog that causes would be do-ers of dastardly deeds to stop and re-evaluate their risks. At any rate, if Amos (or one of his kind) were my pal, I'd be more inclined to take walks late at night, I'd be more inclined to camp alone, I wouldn't be so afraid to be by myself any more. I'm glad you have Amos. And I'm glad Amos has you. And the Chickens. (Hey, The Chickens would be a great name for a band!)