January 27, 2013

Tribute to fried chicken livers Leti made yesterday,
courtesy of my unconscious mind overnight:
A bizarre dream....

Dreamed of being alone and Asleep in my bedroom in a house I lived in 27 years ago.
I woke up and saw something looking through the BR window,from outside. Thought it was only a shadow. Looked again, and it was gone, and/or a shadow of a tree on the window glass, I saw golden rays of a sunset behind the object, the "tree".
Then I decided  to get up from bed, and go to Pat Teague's house, "next door", to borrow electricity from them, from their garage- Reasoned there in bed how I could do it.  Got up out of bed, looked for my keys, seeing them on the nightstand, to go and do what I'd decided to, THEN REALIZED I WAS STILL ASLEEP IN BED, IN MY BEDROOM-- I'd not opened my eyes at all.

And woke up in my room there, a second time, looked around the room,
at my bed, the bedclothes, and out the window into a backyard, noticing the fence out there.

And then, woke up a third time, for real this time, here, in bed still with Leticia asleep next to me,
and I'd been asleep for less than two hours according to the clock.

2 comments:

Mike said...

One time, after a late-night snack of sardines in hot sauce w/ horseradish, hot pickled okra and a bottle of Icehouse beer, I dreamed about being in the house where I grew up and having Stevie Nicks (of Fleetwood Mac) knock on the door after having car trouble on the highway. That was just one dream I had that night; the others were too strange to recount and if I did, I'm afraid someone would report me and have me committed.

The Local Malcontent said...

;-)

Tina Turner had car trouble once too... I remember it well...